Monday, July 28, 2014

Three Things I've Learned

There are three things I've learned this week. One is that when you know some one is way more intelligent than you, always bring a guy just as smart or you're in some serious trouble. We met a guy named Dave while we were knocking doors. He said that he had had missionaries come over before but they never came back.  Elder O. thought he was going to bash with us but we had to at least go back once more. So we took a guy from our ward (he is crazy smart) and went over to teach. The man is a Roman Catholic. We walked in a said hello and then didn't say a word for an hour and a half.  The guy from our ward and Dave went to town! They were talking about Greek translations of words and perfect participles in the Bible.  I just sat there thinking, "Holy crap! I'm glad didn't have to talk to him!" Dave said if we can show him where there proof of an apostasy, he would be baptized and join our church. We have another lesson with him on Thursday...we are bringing the member with us! Thank Heaven he knows his stuff!

The second thing I learned was how lucky we were to be able to pray and "TALK" to God not just utter the same stuff over and over. We met another Catholic lady this week.  She talked to us on the door step for a while. She was old and crazy but she was nice. She told us every day that she practically falls out of bed onto her face and prays. This is her prayer: "I am nothing. I am less than nothing without you (meaning Jesus and God). I am nothing."  It may be true but that's so depressing! I'd put a gun in my mouth if I had to say that every day! I'd start to think I was worthless--not a the prince that I am! 

The third thing I learned is that I need a rain jacket! I'd love it if you guys would mail me one.  It dumped yesterday...so hard the tornado sirens went off. The sky was black and nasty. It was kind of exciting... if there was a tornado, we could do service! ha-ha  

Well, I love you guys and I'm always thinking about you! I hope you have a great week!

Yours Always,
     Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment