Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 14, 2014

I really wish that I had something exciting to tell you but I don't. We don't have any new investigators. There were two people we found tracting. One was a really pretty blonde. She was nice and seemed interested. The other was a mom--Elder Olsen thought that she just wanted to bash so that made me nervous. We went back to visit the girl and she was fighting with a boy and said we should come another time. I'm pretty sure she had just broken up with him--it was kind of awkward. So we went and visited with the mom and she wasn't home but her husband was. He's a Presbyterian pastor and he was so nice to us. I guess he had LDS friends when he was young and was a scout. So we talked about scouts. He asked us about some of our beliefs and said he thought we were doing an awesome thing spreading the gospel. He gave us his name and number and said if we ever needed something to call him like for rides or food. It was really weird but he was a really great guy.

We went back to visit the girl after a day and there were some other girls walking into her house. They were wearing some pretty revealing clothes and carrying a lot of alcohol so we didn't stop. We finally got a hold of her parents yesterday and they kindly told us she wasn't interested. They were really nice about it and talked with us for a while.

Thanks for keeping me up to date with everything back home. A family in the ward feeds us dinner every Thursday. The sister said before I leave the area, the tradition is that she'll cook a meal--anything we want, something that we miss from home. She would try to make it as close to the way it was back home. So I was thinking about it. I really don't miss the food or anything back home too much. I just miss you guys. I miss the people. But I'm alright. I'm learning a lot and I'm being a good boy. That's all I can do. I love you and miss you a lot! Thanks for loving me and cheering for me!

Love,
      Cooper



No comments:

Post a Comment