Monday, July 21, 2014

Where did Jesus come from?

Nothing really new happened this week.  I did have to go on splits for a day.  Elder Olsen got to go to the temple for a sealing of a guy that was in one of his old areas.  I was pretty jealous. That's so awesome for
him!  The elder that was with me is named Elder Shepard. He was a pretty nice guy, nothing too special. He played the ukulele. He was a little Molly Mormon for me but that's alright. He really helped me feel comfortable.  I was so stressed because I had to make all of the appointments and things like that because we were in my area.  I also had to drive--that is the first time since leaving home.  It all worked out good and nothing bad happened.  I was a little tired of singing though!  We sang at everyone's house because Elder Shepard wouldn't just leave it in the car!  Ugh! The people enjoyed it so I can't be too unhappy!

Another funny thing is that we had a lesson with a less-active family (this was with Elder Olsen). We got there and the mom wasn't home but her 16-year-old daughter and other kids were.  We had a member and his wife with us so we went in to teach them.  It was a disaster!  The kids are always disruptive but the little girl, she's around 8 years old, asked where Jesus came from.  I was like, "Jesus came from Heaven, just like
us." Super safe answer, right? Oh, no--not going to happen! She kept asking.  So the member was like,
"well, he was made in his mom's belly just like your sister's baby."(I forgot to mention that the 16-year-old sister is about 7 months pregnant. It's sad and makes me hurt inside.) Then the whole thing went to pot!  To make a long story short, he asked her something about where her sister would have her baby.  The little girl said, "she's going to go to the hospital and she's going to push the baby out!" Poor little me! I was just about ready to walk out!  I was so shocked! The 16-year-old was so embarrassed. There was no recovering from that one! Wow!  It was rough but it makes for a great story, I guess. The first of many more I'm sure.
Last Monday I played sting with Elder Olsen.  I stink at ping pong so I got marked up! I promise I'll write more next week. I love you! Stay happy. I think about you always.

Love,
     Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment