Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Old Ladies & Babies

This week things with my Bible basher went pretty good.  He is so smart but he's too smart! He keeps popping shots at us and I hate to sit there and take it. He doesn't want to learn at all.  It's a total waste of time but maybe he'll feel the spirit through us.  We'll just have to see.  It was kind of funny...we got there and the two old guys had tons and tons of paper and were pulling notes out.  I just about died!  They were at war with each other but were still decent and peaceable.  That's a plus!  We have another meeting with him this week.  I hope it goes well.

There's a lady that's home-bound in our area.  Her name is Sister Long.  We go once, maybe twice, a week to visit her.  I love just to sit and chat with her.  Poor Elder Olsen just sits there and takes it.  He normally says hi and then lets us visit for half an hour or so.  Then he will give the thought and we leave.  He doesn't really enjoy the chatter like I do but that's no surprise.  I'm sorry to hear about Verla moving.  She's such a sweetheart.  She was my favorite person to home teach.  She was just on a level that nobody else I knew was!  I miss my old girlfriends and hearing about the good old days!

I saw two babies this week. One was at church. We had to stay after because our ride had a meeting with the bishop.  A mom came out of sacrament meeting with a screaming baby.  He had to be only a couple of weeks old.  He was so cute!  It took everything in me not to ask her if I could hold him!  That' against the rules, which stinks! but it's there to keep us safe.

I got to play on a typewriter this week.  I can't believe it actually worked and that you had to use them for school.  It's nuts that it was the only thing there was for people to write with.  How did you guys live? Ha. ha. I also went on an exchange and got to ride my bike. It was pretty cool and I enjoyed it until I had to get back on!  Then I felt it!  I was really sore but I learned to grin and bear it!

I hope you have a great week!

--Cooper
Exchanges with Elder Birch

No comments:

Post a Comment