Monday, March 28, 2016

The Savior is Real

The District! My companion, Elder Todd, is on the far right.
Mission life almost never changes--like, at all! It's the same thing over and over. The only thing that changes is the people that you are loving and being with! We got to see all of our people this week. The girls, Kaylee and Camryn are still on date for April 9th. They have come to church three weeks in a row now. Their mom even came this last week. It was so great! They are so pumped for their baptism! The whole ward is starting to get excited about it. Keep praying for them, they will need it!

We also have been working with a girl named Breann. She's almost 17. She's sweet. She is less-active (she and her mom). She has to work a lot and every Sunday but she has such a conversion. It was so great to teach her. She finds out today if her boss will let her change her hours around on Sundays. We have been praying so hard for her to be able to get her schedule changed. The Lord has answered my prayers before. I don't think he will change that now! She had enough faith to ask, so hopefully it all works out for her!

Church yesterday was good. Elder Todd and I spoke in sacrament meeting. It went well. There was supposed to be a guy speaking between us but he didn't show, sadly, so we took the time. I miss home but I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere but there yesterday. It was just great! The Spirit was so strong...as I took the sacrament through the talks, it was awesome! I had been working on my talk....thankfully, all my thoughts came into line. They always seem to do that. I woke up one morning at 4 am so I got up. Then felt sleepy and laid back down but didn't sleep. Man! I just gave my whole talk in my head. It was so great! When I got up to study, I couldn't remember it anymore! ha-ha But it all worked out. I got up and took my time. I felt the Spirit--like goose bumps and chills thrilling through me. I KNOW that my Savior is real. I talked about how we need to know the Savior as a friend not just as some great god that we worship. It was so great.

As for transfers, Todd and I are staying together for one more. I'm happy to not leave Howell just yet. We're just going to hit the pavement! The district is staying the same. One elder that I'm really good friends with goes home tomorrow. That's sad but we are getting a brand new elder to replace him. I hope that he is cool.

--Cooper
No, those aren't clip-ons! I'm a man now and tie my own bow ties!
With Elder Beckstrom


No comments:

Post a Comment