Monday, March 7, 2016

Moving Papa

One lesson and one heart softened is our week this week. There is a sister in our ward named Sister Douglas. Her family is so awesome. Her husband is in the bishopric and her kids are all just super awesome.  They are my family--the ones that are taking care of me with Fakahau gone. She called and asked us to come and help move her non-member parents.  That is what we did almost all week!

We started last Saturday. We took all the Elders with us on Monday night. We worked Tuesday all day and Wednesday. What a blessing! Papa (her dad) is kind of crusty but by the end of the week he was so open and kind with us...Sister Douglas was amazed! It was so neat to be apart of it. I felt like one of the grandkids. I honestly don't know either of their names--they are Papa and Gramma. Papa call's me Coop! ha-ha I love it! I ought to correct him but it's not worth it. He pulled me aside and personally thanked me for all that I had done for him--saying it was tenfold of what was required or even asked for. It was so cool! We invited him to church, as grandkids and as friends, because Elder Todd and I are speaking. I thought that it turned him off. He didn't really say anything. Then, as we left, he said he would tell Gramma about Easter Sunday! How awesome is that?!

We taught one lesson to a guy at TJ Maxx. He was super cool. His name is Jay. He asked if I was on a hot date all dressed up (note Todd was not standing with me so it wasn't gay). I told him, "I wished!" We talked about the mission and what we believe. It was cool.

We also had a Zone Conference. President Gerber talked to us about the atonement. It was awesome! I cried, no surprise there! It's hard not to be overwhelmed when I think that for me He died. If I was the only person on Earth, He would have still come to die, to succor me, and be there for me. Like I mentioned, I get to give a talk on Easter Sunday about the atonement.  My hope is that the people I speak to will be able to feel the spirit and know the reality of the Savior and what it means for them. Please pray for me!

Have a great week!

--Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment