Monday, March 14, 2016

Recharged

So after my fast last week this week was so great! I felt like we had a purpose again. We had a chance to see the girls. I missed them so much! They were so excited to see us! They want to come to church so bad. We talked it over and set a new baptism date for April 9th. Come hell or high water, that's the date! It's amazing to see the change in people. Sister Patton, the girls' mom, got a new job and she has to work some Sundays. We said we would help her any way we could. She called and said she had to work but she would drop the girls off at church before work if we could get them home. What trust she had to put her girls into our hands! They came and we sat with them. They loved church! We are off to a great start!

We also got to see a less-active girl, Breann. She's less-active because she has to work. To find people that want to come back and are willing to do what they need to is so refreshing! Since finding is absolutely the crappiest thing ever, we have started doing member lessons and inviting them to think of one friend that isn't presently participating in the gospel and then start to work with them and we will help them. Its been a hit so far. It's not showing yet but its got people thinking and coming up with names.

So its been a great week. It was so nice to take the sacrament yesterday. By the time Saturday came, I was done--just washed out. I didn't have my spiritual charge anymore. How blessed we are to have the gospel! I'm hoping to stay in Howell for one more transfer (and to get a new comp!). This ward is home to me. Their people are like my family. I have never felt love like this for a ward...people, yes, but a ward, not so much. It's cool. I almost feel like I want to move out here with my family and try and help the ward. It's weird. Charity!

Thanks for all the prayers! Sometimes when something out of the blue happens and a blessing comes, I tell the boys. "There it is! Mom is still praying for me." There isn't anywhere I go that your prayer hasn't already been! Thank you! This has definitely not been the best two years of my life. But it has been the best two years for my life.

--Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment