Monday, March 21, 2016

Ready for a Change

This week was pretty fast. I can't really remember anything too exciting that happened. We had exchanges on Tuesday which was nice. They say that you shouldn't do exchanges just to get away from your comp, but hey, we have to go on them anyway! ha. ha. It just worked out and it's nice to have a break from the normal everyday life. One of the elders had a birthday so we "un-celebrated" with him. They don't want us to lose focus with a party, so another elder and I organized an un-party for him! ha. ha. (It's all about that gray area.) It was really great. He had a bummer of a week and it cheered him up. It was his first birthday on the mish so he probably missed home like crazy.

We got to meet with the girls. They are doing so good! Their mom is struggling with life and just having a hard time...being a single mom isn't easy. If you would all pray for Sister Patton that would be sweet! She could use the help! She brought the girls to church yesterday but had to work so she dropped them off and ran. The girls sat with us and ran off to class as soon as the amen was said. ha. ha. It's good to be with people that like to have you with them!

We helped Papa and Gramma Douglas into their new apartment. It was nice. Thanks to Dad for teaching me how to work. I about freaked out at Elder Todd. "Get your hands out of your pockets so you can work! Ugh--Nevermind, just get out of my way! I'll do it!"  ha. ha. I am a Kniffen. What can I say? Thankfully, one of the Douglas boys, Craig, was there. He's Ute's age and I hope Ute is just like him. He's a hard worker and so converted to the gospel I think he could handle a mission right now! He and I figured out how to work around Todd and have him feel like he was working but we are actually doing everything. Ha. Ha.

I have to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday--Easter Sunday! I have been working on my talk but I just don't like it. I was pondering on it yesterday. I laughed and decided I'm trying too hard. I'm just going to get up there and talk--you know use the Spirit and my gift of BS and rock it! No, I'm joking! I just haven't figured out quite what to say. Mom, you and I will be speaking at the same time. How cool is that? Just know that we can cry together! Ha. Ha.

It was a good week. I'm happy it went by fast. This Saturday we get transfer calls. I'm hoping that I stay here for one more. I love it here and I love the people but I would like a new comp... We'll see what God wants. He's the boss!

I love you all!

Cooper


No comments:

Post a Comment