Monday, December 1, 2014

The Life of a Missionary


This picture was taken at the Gardeners. He's the bishop of our ward. They had us and some of their extended family over for Thanksgiving dinner. It's funny that you mentioned my hair. I've just let it grow. I'm too lazy to go and get it cut. I don't want to spend p-day doing that so I've just let it go. It's almost been three months since I last got it cut!  I'm feeling really gross! After emailing today, I'm going to go get it cut. I'll send you a picture of that next week.

This week was really hard on me spiritually. We started off the week with a lesson on Monday. It was awful--like terrible! Possibly the worst lesson that I have ever tried to teach. We went in under prepared. It was with a guy named Jerry and his wife. They are very knowledgeable about The Bible and our church. This was our second lesson with them. The first, we just got to know them and tried to answer some of their questions. I would try to tell you how bad it was, but I can't. It just stunk! I was so frustrated and mad. When we walked out, I told them to read the chapters from the Book of Mormon we were leaving with them and to give us a call when they were able to meet again--using the holidays as the out. When we got outside, I told Elder Warner that we put their salvation in their own hands. I told him that I didn't want to go back unless they called us. Not the greatest missionary moment for me, to say the least.  The rest of the week we worked at finding people to teach.
Good-bye long hair!

Thanksgiving was a highlight for the week or really the only highlight of the week. We only have one real investigator and she doesn't even count anymore. She has stopped progressing. The next time we meet with Pamela, if she hasn't been reading or praying, we are going to have to drop her. Ugh! The life of a missionary: it's the best of times and the worst of times! Hopefully this week goes better.

Well I have to go. I'll talk to you next week. Keep praying for me! Prayers are the only thing that gives me the strength to get up some mornings. Know I do the same for you!

Love,
     Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment