Monday, November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just so you know I'm still alive!
This week was good. Nothing too exciting that happened, the weather was crazy though! They told us that the weather was going to turn cold and it did! Wednesday it dropped into the 20's and 30's. It was crazy! It snowed and kept snowing. That was kind of a cool thing. It's definitely a new experience riding a bike in the snow. The thing that I hate is that in Michigan they use salt like it's going out of style! It's awful! It melts the snow but it makes your bike rust really fast and it flips all over the place while you ride. I joked that God should work like these people. If the salt of the Earth loses it's savor, then just put more down! ha-ha. I know that's not how it works but really, the salt on the roads is nuts.

We found a couple new investigators this week. Sadly, neither panned out though. We had a good lesson with Pamela. We covered all the commandments with her and are getting ready to answer the questions she has about what she doesn't know--like the Word of  Wisdom and things like that. We probably won't get to meet with her this week so we'll have to wait until next week.

Elder Warner getting ready for the cold. 
We had stake conference this weekend it was great. There were some families from the Northville Ward that I was happy to see again. The talks were great. It was good to get to listen to the stake president talk. I think that he is an amazing guy. You could feel the love he had for the people in the meeting. It was sincere and heart felt. It was great! Then Sunday we got to go to the rest of conference. There were some really good speakers. They did a great job covering their topics.

The weather warmed up into the 40's on Saturday and Sunday so all the snow is gone again. Saturday morning we came out and it was raining and it was freezing rain! It was really bad in the apartment complex but once we got on the road, it was good. It was nice not to have the snow sticking to the tires of the bikes. Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful week.

Well, I have to go. I love you. Know that I'm happy and that I haven't been shot or mugged yet. I'm the one that people worry about here!  I know how to use the Good Book!! ha-ha! I hope you have a great week and Happy Thanksgiving!

Love,
  Cooper

This is a squirrel we feed once in a while.  He is super fat and comes
right up to you. I now know why Uncle Si, from Duck Dynasty,
 said he went to pet a dog and it was a squirrel. They are huge here!

No comments:

Post a Comment