Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas!

It was good to talk to you on Christmas. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that felt nervous
Sanding toy cars that we gave to kids in our area
to talk. It was weird. I don't know why I felt like that but I did. I do agree with you about it being not very personal but it was good to SEE everyone. That really was just what I wanted. I could have sat and looked at you guys forever and been completely happy. Next time we need to actually talk too, ha-ha. So it's less pause and more talk. I hated how short it was and then I didn't want to sign off at the end.

The cool thing about being on a mission is it's Christmas all the time. They talk about having an eternal focus and really, that's all you have as a missionary. You know, you have it when some one slams a door and you feel bad that they didn't let you talk to them. It's their salvation, not ours. This Christmas was really different. It was really CHRIST-mas. It was all about Him and how He was the gift that forever changed the eternities. It was good. 

We went and talked to our families, which couldn't have gone better (other than longer time and if they where here with us). Then we went to a dinner with a less-active family. They fed us ham and potatoes and we laughed and talked to them for a while. Then we went and picked up a member, Marlen Gaddis, and took him to a shut-in's house. We spent an hour with him and listened as he talked about the Savoir. It was great. 

My district sang at a devotional. It was the first time I ever had to do that!

The rest of the week was good. I thought that I was going to be super homesick after talking to everyone on Skype but I wasn't. After I was done blowing my nose and wiping my tears away, of course. It's almost like talking to you guys gave me strength to go out and do it again at least for another five months. (Mother's Day is just around the corner!)


It was a good second-to-last Christmas! (When I say it like that, it makes it seem shorter. ha. ha.)  

Love,
    Cooper

This is all of  the missionaries in the Michigan Detroit Mission at the Christmas Celebration on December 24th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment