Monday, December 22, 2014

Transfers and Training

Elder Oviatt
So this week went really good. I got to go to transfer meeting and I got my new companion. His name is Elder Oviatt. He's from Washington state. I'm finishing up his training, so he's really green but, honestly, he came pre-trained (he's been in the mission for six weeks). The only thing that I might have to help him with is to grin and bear it while tracting. ha-ha That's something that I still need to work on! I think that he is super cool so far. I don't really have any complaints. He went to BYU-I for a semester before coming out here. He is really funny and laughs a lot. He's really easy to talk to and he is just a normal person. It sounds dumb but I love that the most! He isn't something robotic and he understands that he needs to be himself--but just a better version of himself. This transfer should be great!

Dearborn is a lot different from Plymouth and a whole new world from Northville and from home but it's good. I am still so confused on the roads so I let Elder Oviatt drive me. ha-ha. It makes me feel important and he likes to drive so it all works out. There are crazy Michigan lefts and like five-road intersections everywhere. So I don't plan on driving until I absolutely have to. There are a lot of really cool people that we are teaching here. There is a family that the boy wants to get baptized but the dad is still not sure. Their name is the Diens family. They are really cool. The boy came to church with us for the first time this week so that was really cool. We have a really awesome guy named Marlen that goes out with us. He is so funny. He is this big black guy. We call him "Mr. President." He is the worst back seat driver ever but he loves to go out with us. He lives in the Detroit side of our area so he can and is willing to go whenever we need him. So that's also really cool.

I'm happy to be here. I feel like I have the Spirit with me more and Elder Oviatt is on fire so it's totally helping keep my fire going.  I'm pumped about the new area. Hopefully the next couple weeks go as good as this one.

Love,
   Cooper

We made some epic nachos!
Then we got diabetes in a single square!
 It's fudge and caramel all-in-one-- It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment