Monday, May 23, 2016

Retrospect

Sometimes the hand of God in our lives is so small we only see it in retrospect. This week we saw a lot of blessings but we felt like it was a bummer of a week. We found two new people to teach. They were referred to us by a member from the other ward. One is the member's friend, Janet. She is really sick and is in a nursing home. She is worried because she hasn't been baptized. We went and gave her a blessing and testified the she is God's daughter and that He loves her. Then her roommate Donna said she would like a blessing too. So we gave her a blessing. You could feel the spirit. It was great and you could tell the the member felt it too. We have another appointment tomorrow with them.

We are taught that we can call down the powers of Heaven and that Father hears our prayers. I know that's true. We did it just yesterday. A member of our ward asked us to pray that her less-active friend would be well enough to come to church. She had been using her illness as an excuse. So we pulled over and prayed. It's so good to have that feeling in your heart--that Heaven and Father, for that moment, stopped for you--to listen and feel that he acknowledges you. I got to shake that sister's hand. She said, "I wasn't going to come. My foot hurt but I came." The little miracles are what have built my testimony and conversion.

Oh and I got to make my first "911" call. We met a guy tripping on acid so we sat and talked. I stepped away and called the cops (felt like a boss, I might add). They came and got him to the hospital. We were in the right place at the right time. It was super neat.

A good week but the best is yet to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment