Monday, May 9, 2016

Staying in Howell

This week was good we didn't have to cook a dinner all week! It's the little things in life that make the biggest difference. At the end of every transfer, the members seem to remember us and all of them want to feed us. It was nice to go and visit with so many of them. I could honestly care less about the food. It could taste like cardboard...if the conversation is good, it's worth it!

We got invited to go and help the other ward with their mutual activity. We helped them wash cars and gave out pass along cards. It was pretty fun. I was with one of the Brighton elders (my favorite one). It was just fun! Mormon members are weird though. Think of sitting in your car getting a free car was and all these people smiling at you and watching you and then them sending two guys in white shirts to your window. Yep, weird! We tried to not be to awkward but one of them just like hovered behind us. Ugh! Get your own investigator, dang it ;)

Something cool: We took a memeber out with us last night. He's fifteen. It makes me tear up just typing about it. He is so converted to the gospel--like more than me or most missionaries. He shared his testimony and how the gospel has changed him. It was such a sweet experience. He would be a Stripling Warrior if it was the Nephite times!

We got transfer calls and I'll be staying here in Howell. I was so shocked!! No one expected me to stay. I was already running through the list of who I needed to say goodbye to and what I was going to leave behind. I'm happy to stay though. Most areas I have been so ready to leave but I think I could stay here for a while. You know--get a new comp every now and again and keep going. I joked with one of the members. He said he was going to tell the mission president I couldn't leave for another couple of years. At church I walked up and said he had better start looking for a house and a wife for me if I'm staying that long. He said he would hook me up!! ha-ha. Pray my new comp is cool! I am praying for that!

Love you guys! I hope you have a great week. You're always in my prayers.

--Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment