Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Road Kill Turkey

Me and Elders Barrett and Birschback from my district.
This week was pretty good...ha-ha...the regular to-do's of mission life! We had a really good lesson
with the older ladies in the nursing home--just short and sweet. The friend of the member, Janette, was doing so much better and she was so happy to see us. She began to cry as she told us that she just had this feeling swell in her when we had come.  We smiled and told her that it was the Spirit. She's not physically strong enough to take the lessons yet but she told us she would do anything. She just wants to learn. It's great to find and be a part of the lessons with some one who actually wants to know.

Turkey damage to the bumper!
Elder Abbott finally got to meet our ward mission leader. He has been out of town for the last two weeks. Nothing too fun there. I honestly hate those meetings. They're pointless but we do it anyway. I hate doing what others tell me to do but I would love to see some one put something on the table.  "Elders," they would say, "these are the appointments I've got lined up for you this next week." Instead of "What did you do this week? What can I do next week to help you? I want to be engaged." Blah blah, whatever. But on the ride home I pegged a turkey with the car! Slammed it! ha-ha. It ran out after it had already made up it's mind not to run--or so I thought. Everyone said that I should have taken ir home. I was like, "Nope! I followed the driver's ed course--just hit it and don't stop!" Why that turkey crossed the road, we will never know. He didn't make it! ha ha.

From the ward bulletin. I felt the love!
Please pray for my girls. Their Mom has stopped bringing them to church. It breaks my heart. I'd move back just so I could take them but the members here are all willing. Their mom just has to get the picture! I just don't know how to help her get it. She won't give up her lifestyle. "I'm not ready to jump all the way in yet," she says. It's beginning to affect her girls and that's not alright by me! Just pray with me!

It was a pretty good week. We got to be instruments in the hand of God. Can't beat that! We also toured the huge old church in town very cool, not Mormon. ha-ha.

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment