Monday, May 16, 2016

Last New Companion

This week was good. I dumped Todd. ha-ha, Grandpa Douglas took us down to transfers. He's so great. He and I, just two old timers hanging out. ha-ha. It was cool. He opened up and talked about some things that we really care about.  Sister Douglas was surprised that he even talked to me about some of it so it was cool. My new comp is Elder Abbott. He's from Idaho Falls, so pretty close to home. It's been a hard transition. Weird, I know. It's different having some one that laughs and jokes. He's pretty cool. I am still figuring it out.

Nothing too great to talk about this week--just continuing on. We almost got a lady on date. We have taught her twice. Her name is Lisa. She knows it's true. She has had the lessons tons of times. She finally told us her concern. She doesn't think she could be Mormon because she's not perfect and would fail. So we testified of the atonement. She didn't get it quite yet but we'll get there.

I went out last night with the Bishop. We just talked. You would have thought that I was one of his youth getting ready to leave. I could feel his love for me and the people we saw. I can't forget the Lord because he chasteness me so often. I feel like I have been driven to my knees and I am thankful for that now. It has taught me about prayer and love, long suffering, and about being succored. Kinda cool. Thought I'd share.

I'll get you a picture of Abbott next week. Have a good day! Only a couple more weeks!

--Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment