Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Progress

So this week was pretty normal. We knocked a lot of doors then got sick of it so we tried everything to not have to knock doors. ha-ha. We had a great lesson with the girls, Camryn and Kaylee, this week.  We taught tithing. We had a member come with us. I felt so bad! This is my first member- present lesson in almost a year. Dearborn was the last ward that I had someone come with us. (Thanks to Marlen!) The lesson went smoothly. It felt like I was in a trio. The member did so great! Afterwards we learned that was an AP when he was on his mission. Man! he got fired up when we told him that he was the first member that had come out with us! He said that is why wards shrink. He was ticked! I would love him to be the next ward mission leader here in Howell but we'll see.

My district and the ladies we helped move.
So the coolest thing that happened is that the girls made it to church! They came!! I felt so bad. The meeting started and they weren't there. We sat down and had the sacrament. I was praying for them and looked back. They came! They had sat in the back! How sweet is that? I was so happy...no, not happy...my joy was full! They have the coolest primary teacher. She is the most loving lady in our ward. It was perfect. Kim, the girls' mom, said she felt like the speakers were talking right to her! I'm so excited to see them this week! As long as they keep coming, they are going to progress! Don't stop praying for them. They have a long road ahead of them but they can make it!

We had a really spiritual lesson with the Merrills. His mom and dad are members. He's less active but that's okay. He and his wife are really funny. His wife is starting to get dementia, so her daughter (who's not a member) asked that we come and share the lessons. We talked about how Satan had tried to stop the First Vision from happening and if Joseph could call upon God and get strength to overcome, so can she! It was really good. The Spirit was strong and we knew that the daughter felt it.

The weather this week has been so warm. Sunny and 47 degrees with no complaints. It's awesome! No snow. It looks like Spring is already here! I'm doing good. Sometimes we focus so hard on being better that I forget how good I'm actually doing....great compared to so many people we meet.

I'll talk to you next week!

--Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment