Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Blessed are the Valiant

This week was a week or parties and sadness. Transfers were Tuesday and it was a mess, as expected. It is so hard to have your family ripped away from you like that! Fakahau got moved down to Detroit River Branch, lucky guy! He told me that he wanted to go to Detroit. He hadn't been there but wanted to serve there so bad and he got his wish! My new comp is better than Ross but still a challenge. His name is Elder Todd. He's from Utah and been out the same amount of time as Oviatt. He's had 18 comps and as many areas as I have had. I really miss Fakahau but I still have the district and I won't be alone this time.

The hardest part of my week was that an elder that I love went home for medical reasons. He called me in tears and asked for a blessing. He was one of the young ones in the district, my babies, I joke. We went over and gave him a blessing and we talked for a while. He flew home yesterday. People just don't realize how hard a mission is or how valiant some people are to answer the Prophet's call even knowing the demons they will be fighting. If people knew, they would never judge a missionary for coming home early. They honor military for their valor, their courage. They call them heroes. That's what this elder was to me. A dear friend and a hero! May God bless him on his journey.

The girls are now on date for February 27th. We are all super excited about it. They are ready! Their mom brings them to church and stays with them. They missed church on Sunday but so did the rest of the ward. It was so cold! We had 60 people there, maybe. It was small. We have an appointment with them tomorrow and then they are going to go to activity days for the fist time. I'm so excited for them.

It has been a crazy week but this week looks normal. Keep praying for Kaylee and Camryn. They are going to need it to keep Satan off their backs!  Thanks for the letters. I don't think that I need anything--just prayers (always) but you are already doing that. Only 18 weeks to go!

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment