Monday, February 8, 2016

Goodbye Fakahau

So this week was pretty awesome. It was the last week we had with the Howell district as we know it. Elder Fakahau is leaving!! I'm kind of worried. With the string of companions that I've had, I really wonder who I will be getting and if he is going to be chill or not. We are losing another elder in the district so we are all going to spend the rest of today together.

This has been the hardest transfer call on me. It's like I have known everyone in this district forever and ever. Now they are ripping away my family! I'm trying not to be bitter about it. I signed up for this and told God I would do whatever He asked. I just wasn't aware that he wanted ALL of me plus some! I might need some more prayers depending how tomorrow goes. I fasted and feel like it's going to be fine. Or I'll come out a well-tempered tool of the Lord!  ha-ha

My birthday this year rocked! We had a zone meeting and all of the elders in the district bought matching ties and brought the party to the meeting! We started it off by sitting in the very front and kicking the sisters to the back--which is unheard of! The rest of the meeting was pretty normal. Afterwards my district and one other set of elders went to lunch and stopped in Hell on the way home and had a beer, ginger beer but still! It was super fun! We had dinner and then the elders came over and we just sat and talked. No cake. We all were stuffed from lunch and we all had had dinner appointments.  It was awesome!

Other than that, we had a super awkward lesson with the girls. The Law of Chastity is always a tough one. We hardly teach it and it was to 11- year-old girls! One of the girls had had a bad day. Her boyfriend had broken up with her and she was sad. ("You're 11! You  can't have a boyfriend!") So we had a chat. It was better by the end of the lesson but it was a rough start! Fakahau started and gave a brief overview of what we would be teaching. Then he looked to me. Ummm...so i was like, "Mom, we are going to need some help." So she was like, "Girls, what the elders are trying to talk about is sex." She didn't break the ice--she threw a bomb through it! It all was all good in the end.

The girls came to church again. Its been so cool to see the change in their family since we started the lesson's with them or since I go here. Tomorrow we get new comps. Pray for me or for him--either is good! ha-ha

Have a great week!

-- Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment