Wednesday, December 2, 2015

No Complaints

This week was really slow with Thanksgiving. We just kind of  waited around for Turkey Day--I mean there is food and stuff. All elders are excited for food! A recent convert, Mike, had us over to supper with the other elders from our ward. We sat and talked and just laughed. It was good to just be and not feel like we had to leave. That's one thing I still don't like is feeling the need to leave after a certain time. The food was great and so was the company. I can't complain. We ate so much!

Before Thanksgiving dinner we went on exchanges. I was with Elder Park, the district leader, who is from Idaho. We went and knocked doors for a couple hours.....not such a hot idea. No one wanted to talk, of course and if they did it was like they thought we were Jehovah witnesses. "Don't you know that today is? Thanksgiving!" Uh ya, we'll be eating turkey in a little bit too but we're thankful for Christ, our Savior.

Yesterday in church we had some great talks. They were personal, well prepared, and the speakers got choked up so I liked it!  ha-ha. The ward here is great! We get fed a lot and the members are all pretty missionary-minded, the one's I've met anyway. The bishop is awesome and the ward council is right behind him. It's going to be good! The elders were teaching an investigator named Cody before I got here. He has a baptismal date for the 19th of December. That is exciting! I had nothing to do with it but I'm along for the ride.

All in all it was a pretty decent week!  I'll talk to you next week!

-- Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment