Tuesday, December 8, 2015

To Hell and Back

My visit to Hell
This week we did a couple of neat things. We got to go to a zone conferece and listen to President Gerber and our stake president talk to us and have other instructions. I just love it when we get together! I can see all my old friends and get to be with President Gerber. It was a good conference. We did a lot of practices and less talking, so that was cool (if you had a comp that would work with you!)

Then we went out with the Bishop. He is on the top of my "favorite bishop list" right now. He just gets the gospel. He makes it so simple to understand. We went and visited some less-active members and he asked if they would let us come back. They said yes! It was just so cool. The way he goes about his work is how I could see Christ doing it. It's not about programs...it's about people and helping them. Bishop wants us to take the Deacon's Quorum President out to one of the boys that is in his stewardship. What a lesson. That is how the work should be done. It's so cool


We also got to go with Cody, our investigator, to a Christmas program--not the First Presidency one, although we did see that with him too. This one was different. It had the nativity broken down into the people and their experiences--like the shepherds and the wise men. The spirit witnessed again to me that Jesus is my savior. Then, just this morning, as I was reading in Mark about Christ's suffering in Gethsemane. It said He was amazed at the load or astonished and He felt heavy and asked God to take it from Him. And He went and fell down and prayed again. He did that for me!! What a marvelous gift! It was a sweet experience!

Love,
   Cooper




No comments:

Post a Comment