Monday, August 24, 2015

Shaving and Moving On!

My district.
 So the big news is that I'm leaving Riverview and the Wetlands Stake. I'm excited but I already miss Elder Becker and we haven't even separated yet! President Gerber called yesterday and asked that I go and finish someone's training and re-open a new area. Wow! That is going to be a new experience! I'm excited but nervous at the same time...neither of us is going to know where anything is but we'll have to see. Ha-ha It was funny--one of the sisters in my district has been out for like 7 months and I have been her district leader the whole time. She was joking at church that they're just not going to know what to do anymore. It was funny! Hopefully Elder Becker's new companion is cool and relaxed.

This week we did a lot of finding and that was about it. Really. We had one lesson and it was while I was on exchanges so I wasn't even there for it but we had a good time. I got to go to Detroit--like down town, for the day. I felt really uncomfortable--so many people all looking at me. I swear you don't have to go to a circus, just go to the city and you'll see some weird people!
Brother & Sister Lunford

We taught a J.W. while I was there. He was really nice. He, of course, wasn't active at all so it was only like teaching half a J.W. Then I saw this guy and thought I'd be brave and talk to him. So I offered him a card and the next thingI know, He's going off about something. That's when I realized he was crazy! We couldn't get away--he just kept talking. Finally we had to walk off.

Yesterday I went and said good bye to some people that I love. Pray I get a cool comp and a good area. President said that I would like it but you never know!

Cooper

SO real men shave with straight blade razors! My barber shaved the back of my neck when I got my hair cut and they do shaves also. So I was like "that would be awesome to be able to do!" So Becker and I bought the razors and practiced on balloons and the top of our thighs. Today we shaved our faces! It would have been better after a hot shower but we still did really good! Dad I'll be able to shave your face when I get home--best Father's Day gift ever--other than me being home again!
 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment