Monday, August 10, 2015

Tender Mercies

This week was a good one. One quote that we have out here is "love the awkward" because that's all that we have! Out here is that "ugh" feeling but we do it and people are blessed because of it. There are some times that you just can't and it almost hurts.

There is a sister missionary who challenged me and Elder Becker (mostly me) to go and try street contacting three times and then report back to her. She said it's such a good way (or at least a different way) to find people to teach instead of knocking on doors. Well we tried once and it was a fail! We couldn't talk to anyone or they just shut us down if we tried. We left pretty beat up. We had a specialized training that was super good. The Spirit was there and I was so blessed! We got home and I was ready to try it again. So we went. It didn't work! Try walking up to some one and talking about something that you know most people would rather not talk about on Sunday and especially not with you!

So we sat down on a bench. I was so tired! Being a missionary stinks some times. So I talked to Heavenly Father. I said, "We are out here. We're trying. Please bless us. The Preach My Gospel Manual says you're preparing people to find us or us to find them--so bring some one to us!" As I ended my prayer, two boys walked up and asked who we were and what we were doing in the park. They sat down and we talked about how the church Jesus had in Bible times was once again on the earth. Talk about a miracle! We walked out feeling on fire! We talked to about 4 more people about the gospel.

AND Jenny, one of our investigators asked us about baptism. She said she wants a full salvation. We taught her the Word of Wisdom today. We are going to see her tomorrow. I hope that she is prepared. It's so exciting! She is the first person I've found and taught that has come this close to baptism! Tender mercies are how Father shows us His love and keeps the darkness from closing in on us.

I hope that you have a good week. Know that I'm always thinking about you.

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment