Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Welcome to Grand Blanc!

Wow! What a week. This week was absolutely nuts! So we went to transfer meeting and I got to see my sons (Elder Becker and Elder Oviatt) and my grandson (Elder Oviatt's son) it was pretty neat. My new companion is Elder McCormick. he's from Gilbert Arizona. He's so awesome. I actually feel really unprepared to be out here compared to him. His trainer was Elder Whetzle, one of my past zone leaders, who I loved! And McCormick's just like him! He's got the desire!

I'm in the Grand Blanc Ward--so almost the very farthest north of the mission. I went from the bottom to the top. It was like a 2-hour drive to get here! I am out of the stake I've been in my whole mission. I get to drive 55 again on my country roads. It just makes me want to speed! ha-ha. We got a car to drive up and a brand new phone and apartment. It was neat but it has its challenges--like we don't know anyone, no food in the apartment (I hate Ramen noodles), and we get lost really easy! ha-ha. We have already found some solid people that we have return appointments with this next week, so that's super awesome! We taught more people this week than I have in the longest time. It was so good. Besides the no food and a couple other minor things, I really have no complaints!

The Relief Society president in our ward, Sister Cole, is a return missionary. She reminds me a lot of Mom. She is my new go-to person. She doesn't take crap from anyone and she knows and loves the gospel and lives what she knows. I never wanted to marry a sister missionary but if they were all as consecrated and normal as Sister Cole, I would marry one!

I hope that you have a good week!

Love,
    Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment