Monday, August 17, 2015

Our Blah Week

This week was good. Nothing too great happened. I truly think that out of every transfer, there is just a week that you are blah. It's not that you aren't working hard, it's just like you get bogged down a little by the people, the weather, or whatever it may be. This week was our blah week. We had some really good lessons though.

We taught Jenny the Word of Wisdom and she had absolutely no problems with it. I was shocked! She should have something, ha-ha. I was ready for a little bit of push back but it wasn't there. So we committed her to live the Word of Wisdom for one week. This week we will get to follow up with her about it. I sure hope she at least tried to live it. She told us that she has been smoking since she was 9. That is so crazy--she's in her forties! But the grace of God will help her overcome her addiction. She just has to put it on Him and put in the work and it will turn out alright.

We saw Jodi this week. We didn't drop her but that's how it kind of worked out. She just needs time to read and ponder what we have been talking about. She is so stressed with the choices that her daughter is making and other health problems. Ugh! It's just so annoying when you know you have the peace people want all--they have to do is follow our simple commitments!

This week though I had a tender mercy. I was having a hard day and so was Elder Becker. He was taking a nap during dinner and I was just sitting there. I called Gramma Lavley to check our appointment with her and she said, "I feel like I need to tell you this..." and she spoke with the spirit. She comforted me even though she had no clue what was going on. Some day I want to be as close to the spirit as she is. God loves his children but he often uses us to meet their needs and answer their prayers.

Thanks for the letter and the pictures! I'll write you back so don't worry! I miss you. Keep praying for me!  This week is transfers so we'll know next Monday what happens. I'll let you know!

Love
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment