Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Welcome, Elder Becker

Elder Becker, my German brother and fellow Shelley-ite!
So the new comp is Elder Becker from small town Shelley, Idaho--where they know how to bring boys up right!!! Ha-ha.

I was so stressed getting a new comp and then having to train him! We had meetings from like 8:30 until 11:30 so we would know how to train someone. (It really was more like "realize that this is important and don't screw them up!") So then the new guys walked in and there he was! He is so great! It hasn't been a week and we're already best friends. We like the same stuff and know all the same people--it's perfect! He is hard working and ready to go! Hopefully we can keep that fire alive and burning!  Elder Becker is German and so now everyone thinks I am too. We're the only two elders and the Nazi's of the district! ha-ha!

We got to meet up with Jodi this week. Her 18-year-old daughter was home and actually came out which was a surprise--most kids won't do that but she did! We taught about the Plan of Salvation and challenged them to pray to know they are daughters of God. I got to say the closing prayer and the Spirit was there and Jodi's daughter, Tessa, kind of turned after we said amen and said, "Wow! I'm kinda tearing up." She SO felt the Spirit! Too bad neither of us pointed it out! We didn't even think about it until we were driving home but there is always next time.

Grandma Lavely...she always takes care of me!

Another miracle that happened is that we got a referral. We called to see if we could set up a time and wow, this lady is so ready! She was telling us what has been happening in her life and how she is in an abusive relationship and all this stuff. She had a couple of questions for us and we answered them. She was like, "yes! come and see me please! I need to get back on track." It was so cool. We are meeting with her this next Monday the 27th and are both super excited. A great start to the transfer!

We get to go help clean the Detroit temple tomorrow--hopefully. I have to check with President to make sure. The ward needs some help with it. I sure hope we can go. That would be great!

Well, I love you so much. have a great time at the Summers' reunion and your concert--take some pictures for me. I would love to see it all!  I'll talk to you next week.

Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment