Monday, July 27, 2015

The Best is Yet to Come

This week was awesome! We didn't have any new people but we got to meet with Jodi. That went really good. She said that she would be baptized if she came to know that what we are sharing is true! It was super great! She still doesn't feel like God has answered her prayer about weather she is His daughter or not. It's kind of frustrating, like why? ugh! It will come...We just have to make sure that she is prepared to get the answer!

We also got to meet with three of our other investigators Jenny, Haley and Aaron. Jenny is Haley's mom and Aaron is Haley's boyfriend. They are cool and are keeping their commitments. Aaron actually knows the Bible really well. We showed him the Beatitudes in 3rd Nephi and he said that he believes the Book of Mormon to be scripture (even if Joseph Smith isn't real) because it has the same principles as the Bible. So that was cool! Please keep praying for our investigators. If their faith isn't sufficient for an answer, I hope that ours is so they get it anyway! No agency for them! ha-ha

I totally forgot to tell you guys that along with my Jehovah Witness Bible (yes, I got another one from the JW's on a door step) and Koran, I now have a Catholic Bible! ha-ha Elder Becker thought that he was going to have a heart attack when I asked a lady for one as we were talking with her. She was like, "Yes, hold on one minute." Then she was bragging about how good it was  Whatever! I just was so happy that I added to the collection!

I found out that I'm related to the bishop of my ward, Bishop Budd! We went over to dinner and his wife looked like one of my cousins (Xochtil). So I asked where her family was from because they are from Utah. She said, "Oh, you wouldn't know where Cedar City is" and I was like, "Yep, I do! It's in the boonies by Oak City." I told her I have a ton of family out there and she was like, "Jake does too." I said, "I'm  a Finlinson." and she was like, "So is he!" How crazy is that?! They even had the family book. I couldn't believe it!  ha-ha  It's the small things that keep life spicy!

We did get to go and clean the temple. It was so great just to be in the Lord's house and feel the Spirit that was there and be in white scrubs! ha-ha That's what I want to wear in Heaven! They were super comfortable! I got to clean the glass around the baptismal font and the doorways. I can proudly say that the marble floors are hand polished--hands and knees, wax on, wax off! It was really cool! I'm glad that I got to go!

Have a great week! I can't wait to get your letters. I miss you all still ha-ha like always! But the best is still yet to come!!
 
Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment