Monday, July 13, 2015

Desire and Blessings

This week was a week full of blessings! I got to give an instruction at a zone meeting on desire. I was already working on it and had been thinking about it a lot the past couple of weeks anyway. It went so well! I couldn't think of how to do it. I had prayed and fasted so I could understand it for myself and the night before zone conference, it clicked and all made sense! Then I really didn't know what to say at zone meeting! So I took all of my notes and all of the talks I had read with me. Father in Heaven blessed me! The Spirit was so strong! I didn't use the outline that I had prepared at all. It just rolled and things came to my mind. It was a powerful experience!

We went through the week and taught and blessed more peoples' lives than I felt we have in the past three months! I would like you guys to pray for Jodi. She is a new investigator. She has absolutely zero religious background. She didn't even know who Jesus was! So we taught her that God is our Father and he loves us. This week we are going to teach her again and I'm so worried. It's like getting handed a blank sheet and knowing the picture that you have to draw but not knowing where to start. It's cool but so nerve racking!

So for transfers I'll be staying in Riverview and  Elder Puente will be going to a new place. He is really nervous but excited. I'm pumped for him. I feel like he and I have both grown a lot in this transfer together!

With all the stuff that has been going on and being stressed out, I think I am truly starting to get what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is all about. It's so amazing!  President called yesterday night and asked me to train a brand new missionary. He told me I would have to be at the top of my game and teach the new guy obedience, diligence, and spirituality. That's a lot to have laid on you! He asked me if I was up to it. I thought: "God qualifys those he calls." But if you would say some more prayers for me, I would be so thankful! It's going to be a crazy transfer.

I love to hear about your week and what everyone is up to and I love the pictures you send. I miss you guys all so much! I'll be home before I know it! Until then, I just have to keep trucking along!

Yours Always,
     Cooper

This is Lake Erie. We were driving and I saw the ocean for a second--Ha.Ha. ! It's so crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment