Tuesday, July 7, 2015

No Soliciting

This area has a lot of trains--like a lot! We got stuck
 for like 30 minutes by this train...it just stopped. Ugh!
This week was a great week. We saw so many miracles! We just put our heads down and started to teach people! We taught 5 other lessons which isn't a lot but we normally only have like 2 or maybe 3 on a normal week--if we are really lucky. It's been so great! We have some new investigators named Jenny and her daughter Haley. They are so solid! Jenny said that it was weird we showed up when we did because she had looked up the Book of Mormon two weeks before because she heard Mormons are the best people. It was so great! We have an appointment with them tomorrow. I'm thrilled!

This week we had a guy who came out to yell at us about no soliciting and he pointed to the glass next to the door and asked if we could read the sign. Well, there wasn't a sign there, so we told him that. He was so confused--the sign was above his head. We were like, "um, sir, it's right there." Needless to say, he looked pretty dumb. We laughed so hard about that for the rest of the week. I've been out for a year and this week was the first time that I have ever been called a cult on the door. I couldn't believe it. The lady said that right to our face. She really didn't like us--must have had a lesson about the Mormons from her pastor. ha-ha! All in all, a really good week.

It's a sad day! I bought this shampoo on July 1, 2014. It lasted
a whole year with me showering every day. Good-bye, Old Friend!
To celebrate the 4th of July all we did was knock doors, which was fine--we got a good tan from it! But, of course, everyone was either gone or busy. We couldn't see any fireworks but we heard the boom and stuff. It was not the same as last year that's for sure. This week is the last week of the transfer. This Saturday we'll see who leaves and who stays. I'm ready to be back on my bike but I'll let you know next week!

I know you are praying for me. Know that I love you guys.  Know that I'm doing well and I'm doing what's right.

Love,
  Cooper



No comments:

Post a Comment