Monday, April 27, 2015

Riverview Ward -- Trenton, MI

115 frogs Elder Meldrum and I caught one night just for the fun of it!
I got my new companions this past Tuesday. Tomorrow I will have been in the area for a week. The big move was so stressfull!  We packed the whole apartment up and moved it all to the other elders' apartment (where elder Meldrum is, so he had all the food and things that he needed). We stayed there for the night. The next day, me and an elder going home got dressed and headed into transfers. The elder had an early meeting and I had to drop off the car. I shuttled the other cars back to the mission office while I waited for transfers to start.

Transfers was pretty good. It was so crazy! As people's names get called, they get up and walk out. You just keep waiting for your name to be called. I was the last one to get called and then I looked around and I had no companion! I'm in Riverview Ward now and instead of one companion, I have two! So that is a huge change. They are both good guys and love the Lord so they should be easy to get along with. My one companion is a really foreign guy. He is a good guy but having a lot of problems and might be going home. We are suppose to get the call today to know what happens. The other is a really smart guy who follows the rules to the T-- like crazy! It's a good thing but going from a really relaxed companion to these guys is a big change.The area is a lot like Northville--big homes and white people. I kind of miss my ghetto. I made that my home and now I get to start over again. The joke is that once you are comfortable God moves you again. I guess I have something to learn or some one to teach here. We have found a couple new people to teach--a great start to the transfer. We have a young man with a date for baptism this transfer. It sounds like there could be a lot of baptisms in our ward. I'm excited about that! Please pray that I can endure my new place well!

You know it's been a long hard winter though when you are sitting on the couch and you see a spot on your arm. You are trying to get it off when you realize it's a freckle and you can't remember seeing it before! I laughed so hard at myself! All in all, it was a good week!

I hope that you have a great week!

Love,
  Cooper


The Pengelli family, one of the coolest in the ward!
Marlen Gaddis--the biggest teddy bear ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment