Monday, April 13, 2015

Another Day in Paradise

Standing at the River Rouge, the eastern boundary of our area.
I was so thrilled to hear that you got your kittens! I've spent hours on my knees worried that the cat wouldn't be able to have them but I guess that they all came out the end...literally (ha. ha. Spirit-to-naughty all in one big run-on sentence).

So we got a phone call this week and we are not going to be getting a new home. They couldn't find anything at all--like anything! So they are taking care of it at transfers. That means the area is closing down. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning! The junk that missionaries keep is so dumb! No, we don't need a printer! We can't even get on-line to print things off, ha-ha. We have the whole apartment pretty much packed. We still have to wait until Saturday to see who's going where and what's going to happen. The district is pretty sure that I'm gone. I guess we'll see what God thinks about that.

We had a freak storm the other day. I was on exchanges and this storm came in. It was raining so hard I couldn't see the road to drive. Then we got a call from my companion. The zone leaders had called and they wanted us to tell everyone to go in for the night, ASAP! It was going to be a bad storm! Well, I was in it! The lighting hit so close to the car that we felt the shock go through us. It was so crazy! We were freaking out but we are still here, so it's a good story.

Remember Paul,the guy that I told I wouldn't eat meat? Well, he didn't pan out. Sadly he wasn't ready for the gospel. He was nice to us, he just didn't keep the commitments and stuff so we had to drop him. We had a couple other lessons, so that was good. Another week in paradise!

Sounds like you had a pretty good turn out for Ute's Eagle Court of Honor. That is really neat that all the people came! I think that it was cool that Clara got to be recognized too! I can't believe that you read my letter! I thought that for sure you were going to ask me today to send a different one--one that was more personal. I'm so glad that it work out though! It brought tears to my eyes that Ute   thought enough of me to give me his mentors pin even after all those beatings! I really must have beat all his brains out or at least his memory. Ha.Ha.

I hope that you have a great week. I'll let you know what happens with transfers next week and remember that a dream is a wish your heart makes. I'll be home for dinner soon!

Love you,
   Cooper  

No comments:

Post a Comment