Monday, May 4, 2015

A Visit to Belle Isle

This week was good but really crazy! It was one of those weeks where there wasn't a whole lot of work that got done but we were super ready for p-day! Sadly, Elder Mwawatadi had to go home. He was in my district in Dearborn for a while. I guess he has been struggling with his health since he came to the states. (He is from Africa.) He is home now recovering and when he is better, he can resubmit his papers and finish his mission. So it's just me and the other guy now which is okay but it feels like there is something missing. Weird that after only a week you can feel the hole that is there.

On Thursday I got to spend the day at Belle Isle while my companion was at temple. It was really fun! I was with Elder Warner and another guy. I know that I didn't always like Warner when I was with him but we still had some good times together. I felt bad for the third-wheel elder that day. Warner and I were comps so we still had all of our old jokes and stuff to catch up on. The other elder was just there. We had fun! We got to take some cool pictures of some ocean liners coming in and there is a light house on the island--not a real tall one, but still a cool thing.

Then the rest of the week my companion and I tried to stay busy. We had a good talk with a guy we found the other day. He has the gospel almost all the way down but he is still missing parts. Hopefully he is opens up and talks to us and can feel the Spirit. His name is Will. Yesterday I got to talk to a guy and joke about smoking dope and stuff. We just knocked into him. I commented to my companion that I have an easier time talking and being around people that smoke and drink and are normal than with people that are really religious......The silence was super thick! ha.ha. But it's the truth. We also got to see one of the cutest old couples ever! They were at the hospital. The husband was having some stints put in. They were exactly what I want to be like after 70 years of being married! All in all, a great week!

For Mothers' Day we are planning on skyping from a member's home. I'm not sure what time yet but I'll let you know. I am so excited to see you guys! I wish I could fast-forward this week and see you already! I love you and hope that you have a great week. We'll see you on Sunday!

Love,
    Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment