Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Welcome, Warmer Weather!

They say that a watched pot never boils and I think I can add that a watched clock never moves. My watch finally gave up the ghost. It lost the nob to turn it for the time change, so I went and had it looked at by a watch repair place. They were going to charge me $50 to fix it. I decided that was too much so I didn't wear a watch this week and it flew by. Who knew?!

The weather was beautiful this week it was so warm like 40's and 50's. I was so happy! Elder Meldrum, who has only seen Michigan in the cold, cracked out his first short sleeves. We didn't have to wear jackets. It was weird to see all of my tie again ha-ha. We did a lot of finding and that was pretty good. We got to see a lot of less active people and started getting nights set up where we could come over every week to visit and teach them. But with every good there has to be a bad and I got sick. Just a sore throat but just enough to make me an ornery elder. I'm feeling better now, after a lot of drugs and Elder Meldrum getting the chance to see my ugly side. Thankfully we didn't have a lot of knocking planned or some one might have gotten baptized out of fear!

Other than that, we got to meet a really great man. We didn't teach him--we just got to love him for a little while. We knocked on his door. He told us he wasn't interested so we left. Then we saw him the next day. He apologized for being short with us and that same day, as we walked back to the car, he called us over and asked for us to pray for him. He has bladder cancer and has already been carved out a couple times. He is a great guy. He invited us to sit on the porch and he talked to us for a minute or two and then we left. We laughed. They say that you have to have seven contacts with the church before you investigate. Well, Phil has had 3 so only a couple more to go! He is going to be a great Mormon someday!

Sadly Darlene hasn't met with us in a while. She is kind of like Grandma Summers--she takes care of all of the grand kids. She wants to meet with us when she doesn't have them to distract her. We stopped by and saw her though, just for a couple of minutes. She said that she was having a hard time still. It hurt to ask because the second that we mentioned it, she started to tear up. Sometimes...well, a lot of the times, I wish that I could take people's problems for them. I feel that I'm strong enough to handle them, even though I can hardly handle my own problems. We won't see her this week. It's going to be next week when we see her again.

Thanks again for the the letters, prayers and hugs you've given me. I hope you have a great week.

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment