Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Meat-free Challenge Accepted

One of the cool things this week was meeting a man named Paul. He is 95 and acts like a 70 year old man. He is so spry! We met him while knocking doors. He told us that he stopped eating meat 8 years ago and has had no pain since then. He said that he had hurt for 40 years and he finally asked his doctor if he could help him. The doctor said that he couldn't help him, so Paul fired him and went home and stopped eating meat. Four weeks later, Paul thought he was dying--he had no pain! It was funny to listen to him talk. He challenged us to go meat-free for four weeks and we would be happier. So I asked if he was a reader. He said he was. I gave him a Book of Mormon and said I would accept his challenge if he would read this book for the next four weeks. He said he would. We meet up again on April 11th. That month that I went without meat totally has prepared me for this moment! ha-ha Elder Meldrum isn't doing it. He thinks it's too hard but I've done it before so I know I can! Plus, I would hate to have Paul read the Book of Mormon and me not have held up my end of the deal. It's going to be great!

This week we also had a special stake conference. Elder Rasband spoke. It was super great! His talk was about building up our homes. He told some awesome stories about presidents of the church. One of them was about President Lee. Elder Rasband had to drive in New York City on his mission and he was from some little town and was super scared. He said that he felt a hand on his shoulder part way through the drive...it was President Lee. He said, "Elder, this is one of the times that the Lord will for sure protect you. Relax a little and just get me to the mission home." It was a great story. He had a lot more. I really enjoyed it.

All in all, a great week and I'm almost completely healthy again! Something bad that happened though is our apartment is just going to pot. So we are looking for a new one. We will be getting a new address and stuff but I don't think it will change this week. I'll keep you guys posted!

Have a great day and know that I love you forever!

Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment