Monday, March 30, 2015

An Ammon Moment

This week was pretty good. This transfer has just been a long one but its moving on thankfully! The weather is warmer but it was still really cold compared to what I want it to be. ha-ha.

Some crazy stuff has been happening at our apartment so the landlord is a ghost. We have never heard or seen him or her and the problems are piling up! So we finally got Sister Gerber involved and that got the ball rolling. We are suppose to be out tomorrow. The order came from Salt Lake, which was super crazy. So we went apartment shopping this weekend and that was gay--two guys walking in shopping for a house (ha-ha) but whatever! We didn't find one. Everything is up in the air on what's going to happen to us. They might shut the area down (what we heard) and split us up or they will get us a new place to live. It's all on President Gerber. Whatever he says is whats going to happen. We are waiting for a phone call tonight that will let us know.

We did get to see a miracle! I have taught thousands of lessons so far on my mission. Sadly, I have only taught a couple of people and actually taught them. The guy Paul, that I told you guys about this last week, we got to see him again. We had an Ammon experience. Paul doesn't believe in a God but he believes in a great power. We got to start at the creation and why we are here. By the time we left, he was saying God instead of "a great power" and it made sense to him. It was great! That was the biggest thing that happened. We did get to do some other cool stuff. We were in the ghetto and found an old Rolls Royce parked behind an old church. It looked abandoned. I totally wanted it! Maybe I'll ask to look at it some time but we didn't do anything more than take pictures this time.

I had a Dad moment this week. I had an elder that was sick in the district and Elder Meldrum wasn't feeling well. The other elders had been asked to help someone move. It was only going to be a couple hours so we went on exchanges. Well 6 hours later, we finally got done moving this lady. That poor elder didn't know how to work at all and I was in work mode! I was nice as I could be but still... As I was driving home, I realized that I was just like Dad. It made me laugh but I can say that if  Dad hadn't taught me how to work, I would be just like that elder.

We do have plans for Easter dinner. The man that sent you pictures of the last dinner is having us over. We are pretty pumped about it. But other than that, it's knocking on doors, sadly. I hope that you guys have a good Easter. Just think: you'll only have one more and then I'll be back!  I love you. I hope that you have a great week!

Love always,
    Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment