Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Count Your Many Blessings

Johnny Cash sang a song called "One Piece at a Time." He
drove a Cadillac though, not an El Camino! Ha. Ha.
This week was a really really rough week and a very blessed one as well. The longer that I stay out, I realize that missionary work goes in phases each week. It happens almost every time. So I hit the hard phase this week. It has been building up on me and ugh! I just hated to get up and do it all over again. Go knock some doors and then teach some people---all the rejections. Elder Meldrum joked around and changed the song "Count Your Many Blessing" into "Count Your Rejections."  But as tough as it is, I am so lucky!

Awhile ago, Elder Oviatt and I found this lady named Darlene. She is older and she was interested. We only got to teach her two lessons and then couldn't see her again. We have been trying to set stuff up and it just never worked. So I thought, "Great! Here is another person that is just blowing us off." But I was wrong. The Lord helped my unbelief. We met with her and she had actually read from the Book of Mormon and she loved it! She thinks it's terrific! Then, as we talked, she broke down and told us she was turning into an alcoholic. She cried and said she didn't want that life and she pleaded with us to please help her. She said she knew we were the only ones that could help her through it. God sent us to her. Not only was there a lady that God prepared for the gospel, but He also let me feel how much He loved that one daughter. He softened my heart. What a blessing!  She gave us all the Vodka she had and accepted the invitation to pray about a date for the end of March. On top of that great experience, there was a member that saw that I was struggling. He went on a mission, so he gets it. He gave me some advice and just loved me. There are angels always around us to lift us. They just don't always have wings and halos.

Sorry I didn't email yesterday. The computers at our library went down as we were emailing. So we couldn't do anything. That stunk! But we got to go to the Ford Museum yesterday. I'll send you some pictures of that next week with my other stuff and I'll tell you more about it. I hope that you have a good day. Pray for it to warm up over here, would you? We have freezing rain today and it's miserable. I love you and think about you always .


Love,
     Elder Cooper Kniffen

No comments:

Post a Comment