Monday, November 3, 2014

Keeping the Faith

So this week was good--nothing really too great happened but I did have some really cool experiences. We found a new investigator. We knocked on his door and heard someone inside drop something and then it got quiet. We waited and knocked again--nothing. So we left a card and went to the next house. We heard some one call out "hey guys!" so we stepped around the garage and the guy at the house we just knocked was calling us back. He let us in and offered us some water. He said he was Catholic and his wife was from the Church of Christ. He had gone to her church once thinking it was one and done, but he never went back to the Catholic church. He wanted a Book of Mormon. He is trying to find the books that should be in the Bible that the Catholics took out. So we have a return appointment with him on Tuesday. He is sneaking it! He doesn't want his wife to find out about us meeting with him or she'll freak! It's funny. Normally, it's the other way around! His name is Dave. I can't wait to see him. Hopefully he is ready for the gospel. He seems "golden" so keep your fingers crossed.

We didn't get to meet with Craig or Fred, so that's a bummer. We are going to see Craig this Saturday. Fred is getting married so it might be a while till we can see him. But we know where he lives so we'll just keep going back!

On Halloween we didn't get to go trick or treating, that was a bummer but we had interviews.  We also got to watch "Meet the Mormons." It was awesome! I loved it! It felt good just to check out for a while and watch something and not have to knock doors or ride our bikes. The interviews were great. I love to meet with President Gerber. He gave me some things to help along the path to becoming better so I'm stoked. It's not going to be easy. Hopefully I get it all figured out!

Some really good news is that I get to stay with Elder Warner for another transfer. I'm excited. He's awesome and we get stuff done. That's the best part. Ha-ha. Today we were feeling it, so we broke out the Christmas music. I know it's not Thanksgiving yet but it made me happy so what more could I have asked for!

I forgot to tell you about Jacob. He's was excommunicated, had a really tough life, and he wants to come back. He contacted us. We went over and pretty much told him he had to do everything we told him or else he wouldn't make it back. He followed our commitments to the "t" and more! In three days you could see the change. You could feel it in the way he sat and talked. His apartment felt different. It was amazing! So cool! I hope to find more people like him who are willing to do whatever it takes to get on the right track!

You and Gramma would be so proud of me. Last week, the hem hem came out of one of the legs of my grey suit pants. I had to fix it! I tried and failed...there was a pucker in them. I was so frustrated! So a few days later, I sat back down and got them out. I worked on it for over an hour, working as patiently as I could. And I actually fixed them! I was so happy! I know it's small but I was super happy about it! God totally had a hand it in!

I hope that you have a great week. Know that I'm thinking about you and hope that everything is working out back home.

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment