Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ready for Snow!

This week was good. The weather was really nice Monday and Tuesday but after that it got cold. It snowed a little but it didn't stick. Today we got up and there was snow on the ground and its cold enough to keep it there. I guess that we are suppose to get at least two or three inches by Tuesday. I'm pretty excited still. It will be something to throw some spice into our rides. I decided that Michigan was okay. It wasn't all bad. They have a Kohl's,  so I went and got a big winter coat and some boots. I should be ready for the snow but everyone here is really not looking forward to the cold.

We found a couple cool people this week. We found two new investigators. One is a newly married couple--they just moved from Utah. The wife invited us to come back and we could talk to her and her husband. The other lady was older and she invited us to come back and gave us her phone number. It was really a shock! Most people don't really like to give us a phone number and she was more than willing to. I'm excited to see them both this next week.

Another kind of cool thing is that there was a Muslim guy that let us come back and talk to him. He totally turned the table on us! We told him that we invite people read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if its true. He told us he had already read it and the King James version of the Bible, old and new testaments. He's read the New International Men's version and the Jehovah's Witnesses version  and he gave us a copy of the Quran. He invited us to go and read our book's first and then read this. It was crazy! He did to us what we do with people every day. It was a little different. So now I can say that I've been given a Quran and a  Jehovah's Witness Bible. I know neither hold the truth but I think it's still cool that I've gotten them! Other than that, this week went by without too much excitement.

I was going to send pictures but I forgot the cord to my camera. Next week, I'll send you pictures.

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment