Monday, September 29, 2014

Welcome Elder Plant

My new companion is pretty cool, so far.  His name is Elder Plant and he's from Utah. His last area was in Detroit--like actually in Detroit!  He's suffering from a culture shock right now--going from the "hood" to massive houses. He just keeps asking me where all the black people are and if there is a ghetto in South Lyon. He has been out for 21 months, so he thinks this is his last stop before he goes home. That's kind of cool but I think I'm going to have to start working harder than ever. He seems pretty trunky and burned out. I guess we'll just have to change that!

I got to teach sharing time yesterday.  Ha. Ha. It was SO much better than elders' quorum! We had a lot of fun!  I tried to be creative so I hope that the kids liked it. It was junior  primary, so they were pretty easy to keep happy. I felt so good! We walked in and a lot of the kids knew my name. It was great! 

Also this week, Elder Cardon from the First Quorum of  the Seventy came and talked to us. It was really cool. He was nice and we got to shake his hand. This is a picture of half the Michigan Detroit Mission including President and Sister Gerber.


The biggest blessing I had this week was with Greg. We took a member to visit him on Friday and he wasn't home.  I was so bummed out!  We went by again yesterday and a miracle happened! Greg wanted to know how Nephi was a descendant from Joseph that was sold into Egypt. We gave him a King James Bible so he could look it up but he hadn't.  He was flipping through the Bible, reading the chapter headings, trying to find the connection. He couldn't find it!  I was standing there and I knew if he couldn't find it, we would loose him.  He doesn't want proof but we told him the two books (the Book of Mormon and the Bible) work together and are connected. I thought, "if he can't find it, then he would think we lied and the Book of Mormon isn't true."  So he kept flipping through the headings and he finally handed me the Bible and tells me to find it! I'm like, "oh crap! I don't even know the New Testament, let alone the Old!"  I don't even know where to look!  I opened the Bible and read the chapter heading. The first one that I read was the one that I was looking for! It was such a blessing! I couldn't believe it!  The Lord so provided that one!  It was a great experience!

I love you and I hope that this week goes good for you!

Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment