Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Goodbye Elder Olsen


This week went really good. We got transfer calls on Saturday and I'm staying in South Lyon but
Elder Olsen
Elder Olsen is leaving :(  I wish I could say that it's all good and I'm totally ready for this but I'm not! I've been worried about it for the last couple days. It doesn't seem real to me. I feel like I don't know enough to be able to take over the area but Olsen has told me before that when you don't feel you're ready is when you grow the most. So I guess I'll get to rise to the occasion. I don't go get my new companion until tomorrow but Barb asked one of the A.P's if my guy is cool and he said yes. I really hope that he's chill and we get along well!

We had a lot of lessons on door steps this week. That was really exciting.  We tried using an object lesson and people listened more so that was really cool. We went to Daniel's house (he was a referral that wanted the Book of Mormon). He and his wife sat and bashed with us for over an hour--well, maybe not bashed but they were asking very deep questions. They seemed surprised at our answers and we just told them to go and read the Book of Mormon. It was cool. Elder Olsen took their Bible and was pulling scriptures out of it to answer their questions. I hope I get to that point some day! Other than that, nothing too exciting has happened. We did have a member tell us at dinner that he could tell a good missionary that works hard and has a testimony. He can just see it. He said he could see it in us. That made me feel good. Some times I doubt that I have the spirit with me--like I'm good, but just not quite good enough to have it testify. I don't know how to explain it.  It felt good to hear that some one can see it in us.

My district
It's good that you had the sister missionaries over for dinner.  Now that I'm out here, I wish we had had them or the elders over more. It feels so good to have members that will take care of you a little and watch over you.  Some people will never know how much it means to a missionary to have some one they can call family while they are away from their real family!

I love you guys and you 'll be in my prayers

Love,
    Cooper


The Elders





No comments:

Post a Comment