Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Surprise Transfer!

Shortest companionship ever! Good-bye Elder Plant!
On Monday the 29th around 9:45 p.m. Elder Plant and I were just hanging out writing home and I thought I heard the phone go off.  So I walked to get it off the couch and I saw that President Gerber had just called, so I hurried to call him back.  He answered and said my call had been changed...he needed me to leave the Northville area. The APs would be by the next morning at 7:30 a.m. to grab me.  Can I be packed by then?  I said I could and he thanked me for being willing to serve, then hung up.

Sister Barb Thompson
So I packed all of my stuff and stressed out!  I called and let Barb know.  I didn't even get to say good-bye to any of my people.  I was not thinking that's how I would leave Northville but I guess I get to learn to rise to the occasion. I'm good now. I was really stressed out about leaving the night before. Oh! I was so sick. It was bad! When I found out where I was going and who my companion was, I was okay.  Now I'm loving it!

I'm now in Plymouth.  It is a biking area. My companion's name is Elder Warner. He's from Rigby, Idaho. It's so awesome. We know all the Idaho ways. So when I say something, he knows exactly what I'm talking about. It's great! Two days in a biking area and my bike broke down! Luckily, Elder Warner worked as a mechanic before he came out here, so he fixed my bike for me. I just held it for him while he worked on it. It was really bad! The plastic casing that goes into the frame and holds the wire to my front derailer got sucked in. I couldn't turn right or shift gears. We took it back to the apartment and tried to get it out and the cable snapped and the casing broke.  I was really unhappy! I about ripped the office elder's head off when I called to tell him to get a hold of Mom! I was so not happy! But it actually was a lot easier to fix than I thought at the start. There was an extra bike at the apartment the Elder that I replaced left, so I rode that bike for a day or so while we worked on mine. Now its fixed and I'm riding it again. I also taped it so it's safe. The only way that I could really describe how I feel is that song by Queen "Bicycle  Race" -- "I want to ride my bicycle! I want to ride my bike..." ha-ha, its perfect!

I did get to watch General Conference at the stake center. We had an investigator with us. His name is Melvin, He's 81. He smells like Grandpa Kniffen and it makes me smile. He's pretty much deaf and blind but he's awesome! He is planning to be baptized this weekend. I'm so excited for that! I hope it works out.

I don't quite know why I'm here yet but it feels good and I am doing the right stuff so whatever is suppose to happen will happen. I love you. I'll send you some pictures next week.

Love,
    Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment