Monday, September 8, 2014

A Taste of Home

At the Bauss home
This week seemed to fly by!  We had Labor Day on Monday and there was a huge stake picnic at a park. We went...there were so many people! Ugh! I still hate crowds and when you wear a tag, every one wants to shake your hand and act like they know who you are. It's kind of annoying! Tuesday we did a little service in the morning. That was a nice break--something to do other than talk to people. The lady we helped really appreciated it. Wednesday we had our district meeting and that was good. The A.P's were there. They are both really good friends with Elder Olsen and they are so funny!  I want to end up like them! They are awesome!!

After our meetings, we went on exchanges with some of the elders in town so I was on my bike. We got to talk to two people that were semi-interested in our message.  It was super cool how that worked out.  The person we had planned on meeting wasn't home. So we knocked doors and that's how we found one of the people we talked to. The other was a street contact.  It's good just to be on my bike. Even with only talking to two people, I felt super accomplished! The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Nothing too exciting other than we had a massive storm come through. It was knocking trees over and stuff! There were three hundred thousand people without power! The storm wasn't even that long! I was kind of bummed out about that!

I have told you there are a lot of frogs here. We picked this one up at the Thompson's house (it's in Olsen's hand).  We put the frog on the car and drove the 2 or 3 miles home.  It held on the whole way!  Olsen was so proud! Barb told us we were mean and gave us an earful about it! Ha. Ha. She really isn't that scary so it wasn't too big of a deal.

On Sunday night we had dinner with the Bauss family.  Sister Bauss has a tradition she calls "A Taste of Home" where she prepares a favorite dinner from home for each missionary. It was my night!  Dinner was good...It is the thought that counts. Ha. Ha.  The potatoes weren't  the same as yours-- they were a little runny, but they still tasted the same. I tried and tried to figure it out what we were going to have. I honestly just ate whatever you fixed. I couldn't think of anything that really stood out as my favorite. But once I saw the food, I knew exactly what it was! I am so happy that you didn't tell her maggots! I would have been super disappointed!

Well I love you and I hope you have a good week!

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment