Monday, August 25, 2014

Little Miracles

This week was pretty good.  We didn't do anything too out of the ordinary. We went and saw our less-active people and tracked a lot. I fell off a porch when we were leaving a house...I just stepped off the side and tripped hard! Thank heavens no one was home, so only elder Olsen saw me do it. Then there was a hose on another step and I knew it was a hose. We walked up and Olsen said "look at that snake!" and I jumped.  He still laughs about it!
Thanks to Barb Thompson for the photo!

We got to see Heather again...she is the woman we found last week. She has two kids and is Catholic. She let us in and we got to teach her about the restoration. She was super interested and said that we could come back, so we did! Her husband went to school with a Mormon so he kind of knows about us. He hasn't said we couldn't teach her so that's good!  Heather had read the pamphlet we gave her. So that was exciting! She is asking good questions about changing and stuff. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she hasn't read anything yet but she seemed excited to start! I'm really glad that we have her.  I get down sometimes because we don't have any success and it bums me out.

We did have a miracle this week though. We found a new person to teach! We blitzed our area with the zone leaders and Olsen found her. We have an appointment tomorrow with her and  I'm excited to meet with her! We also had a referral. We went to deliver a Book of Mormon but he wasn't home.  His neighbor was out on his front porch so we went and talked to him. We were teaching him about the restoration when the guy we were trying to contact came out. So we started over and taught both of them! It was super exciting!

We went to dinner at a members house last night and it was my turn to share a  thought with them. I shared something about being a believer and not hiding it and I realized that I wish I had lived my religion more closely and not let my standards droop. I wasn't bad but I wasn't as good as I knew I should be. I just said that it was me being me and I shouldn't change, I was good enough. Now I wish that I had changed and not let myself stay the way I was. I wish I could go back and tell myself to get a grip and stand up and  be the person that I was meant to be instead of the person that I didn't mind being. Even the things as little as not drinking caffeine can be profound and showed how much I was willing to follow what Jesus had asked of me.

That's about it for this week! I pray for you guys every day and keep you in my heart always. Live so people will never question who you are and what you believe.

Love always,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment