Monday, August 18, 2014

No Flooding, Just Rain

This last week was good.  At the start of the week, it rained buckets and flooded out Detroit.  The flooding didn't reach us.  I was kind of let down about that.  There was so much water that they canceled the transfer meeting (we didn't have to go, but we still got the text). It was pretty wild!  A member told us that we are supposed to get a polar vortex in September.  I don't know what it means other than cold!  The trees are already starting to change.  All the Michiganders say that this time of year it should be in the upper 90s, not the 60s and 70s so I'm kind of worried about winter.

A cool thing this week is we found a lady to teach!  We were knocking on doors and feeling super rejected. I prayed (silently, of course) to have someone be at least kind-of interested.  At the next door, the lady let us in and was super open and invited us back. It was such a miracle! We also got to dedicate a home and I felt the spirit there.  That was so welcome, it had been a rough day.  I also got to find out what it was like to get yelled at this week.  There is a maintenance man at a mobile home park that freaked on us--really only on Elder Olsen.  I've never heard the "F" word so many times! He ripped us a new one.  It was super scary.

I love you guys. Remember that! And thanks for supporting me.  Have a great week!

--Cooper
We had a lot of rain and there was a perfect rainbow.
You can't see it in the picture, but it touched the ground on both sides.  It was really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment