Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Finding the One

So today is it. Tomorrow I will be in meetings all day and then I'm on a plane and home again. I never thought I would see this day come and I didn't realize it would be this hard. Yesterday was so great. We got a new bishop and the Spirit flooded the room. We sang and I was able to see all those people that I love and will miss. I left and Jameston was my home ward. I'm now leaving my home in Howell and I can't describe the feelings I have. It's like I am loosing a loved one or when an old friend is gone and you're left in the sudden quiet of an empty house. It's almost heart breaking.

I came out here to find one person that I had seen in a dream. I spent two years searching and praying, knocking and testifying.  I've looked and looked and cried and I've come to  realize that I found him-- not the man in the dream, but I found me. They told me in the MTC that I was just as lost as my future investigators and I was, in a way. I knew the truth but I didn't have the Lord's image engraven on my countenance or the gospel written in the fleshy tablets of my heart. I'm still far from any type of perfect. but I was able to be molded and tested and tried. Now I feel that I am trusted.

What a blessing these past two years have been. They were the hardest two years of my life. Any one who tells you they will be the best two years is kidding themselves. But they have been, without a doubt, the best two years FOR my life.

I think I'm now ready to start my next chapter. See you on the other side...

--Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment