Monday, October 19, 2015

So Blessed

This past week was great! We have been so blessed! We had a pretty alright start. Wednesday we had a zone meeting and it was really weird--Elder Christenson (my MTC companion) and I were the oldest missionaries in the zone. We had a really great meeting. I love to see the other Elders and Sisters and get the chance to talk to them and see how they are. Afterwards, we went on exchanges. Elder Christenson came with me to Grand Blanc. He's a brand new zone leader so we talked and chatted about the zone and our missions from the MTC on and solved the problems we had in the MTC. ha-ha. Then the blessings started.

We went and taught Steven. He had told me last lesson that he really wasn't interested in joining the church, he just wanted to learn about "Mormonism." So this time we went in with no lesson. He had some questions that we answered. Then we talked about getting answers. I can't really remember what lead up to it but we promised him, in the name of the Christ and as his representatives, that if he would read the Book of Mormon every day, pray to know of it's truthfulness and come to church for a month, that he will know of a surety that this is the Lord's kingdom on the earth, that the Book of Mormon is God's word. and Joseph Smith is his prophet. Steven said he would do it and so far he has! He was at church yesterday. He has read and prayed everyday and texts us what he reads and what God  has said to him as he prayed. We invited the ward council to pray and fast with us for him. The Spirit was so strong! I have felt complete peace! He will know. There is no doubt that he will know. The members in ward council could feel it too. What a powerful experience!

I also got to go to the temple this week and it was great. It was a spiritual recharge. Oh Lord my God, when I in awsome wonder consider all the worlds thy hands have made...And when I think that God his son not sparing...then sings my soul, my Savior God to thee. how great thou art... how truly great thou art!

It was a great week to be a missionary!

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment