Monday, October 26, 2015

Crushed but Hopeful

This was just one of those weeks! We did almost nothing--it felt like. Steven dropped us! He came to church last Sunday and we didn't hear from him. We texted him to follow up and see how everything was going. He didn't answer us right away--not a big deal. Then the next day, we got like 10 huge texts telling us why Mormonism is wrong and these 12 questions are what is stopping him from believing. Bla bla bla. I was so crushed! I had such a spiritual experience fasting for him! There is no doubt in my mind, that if he had just kept his commitments, that the Lord would have made good on our promise to him. Talk about a bummer! We said that we could answer the questions he had. He said that he was satisfied with his faith. I know for a fact that God would have answered him! It was his choice to drop us. It just doesn't make the pain go away. Other than that we had a pretty bland week.

We had interviews on Thursday, which were pretty good. I didn't get as much time with President as I wanted but it was still great to see him. Saturday we helped do a clothes drive in Flint. That was fun. We got to see Elder Meldrum and a couple other elders that I love, so I was happy. We did help some people in our ward move. They were being evicted--even though there was a federal hold on it. It was probably the saddest move ever! There was so much that was ruined and lost in the hustle!

We had stake conference this weekend and I really enjoyed it. They talked about councils and they told a story about when Elder Bednar (I think) was just put in the Quorum of the Twelve. There was meeting and the brethren were having a "vigorous" discussion about something. Some one passed Elder Bednar a note. It read: "Welcome to the Twelve where we play hard ball. Signed, President Packer." I just thought that was funny.

Hopefully this week goes better. We have a potential investigator that we are seeing tomorrow at 2 named Kim. She just lost some one close to her so it's a prefect time to tell her how God has a plan for us! Pray for us. We need it!

Thanks for all the prayers you say for me. I know that they help me. This is honestly my hardest transfer. I can say that I have really learned how to pray and to sing praises to my Father in Heaven. I have felt the Spirit and God's quiet hand with me most of the time. These afflictions are "for my gain" as Jacob says in the Book of Mormon.

I hope you have a good week!

Love,
    Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment