Monday, October 12, 2015

Find the one!

This week was like the longest week I have had in a while! We taught six people which is awesome but there were only two that said they would have us back. One of them texted us later that night to tell us that he wasn't interested (or his mom wouldn't let him meet with us).

We did get to teach Steven this week though. It was pretty good. We talked about the Plan of Salvation. He had kind of surprised us and had a couple of his college buddies there. So they were asking questions but it felt like we were in the line of fire a little bit. Steven said that he understood it all. He said he had some issues with the trinity. We talked about it and I couldn't for the life of me think of where in the New Testament it talks about some one seeing God and Christ standing side-by- side. So we got home and I called one of the zone leaders and he told me where it was found. I'm pretty bummed though. Steven was asking where all the proof is and stuff. I don't know how to help him find that. I just know you can find the answer through prayer. It is hard to answer those questions. I fasted for him yesterday. I know that the Book of Mormon has the power to touch his life but he has to really want to know.

Elder Thomas
A miracle that I had this week was I had my prayers answered. I felt really down a couple of day and I was pleading for comfort. I got a letter that warmed my heart! Then the next day I got a call from Elder Meldrum and we go to talk for a while about the good old Dearborn days. So my new companion is Elder Thomas. He's only out here for a couple of transfers to see what a mission is like. Then he'll get a call to see where he is really going to serve. His last companion was Elder Puente, so that's kind of cool. They have some of the same things and I'm just like "No, not again!" We'l have to see how it all works out. I was talking with a some members and we think I'll be in this area until Christmas. Elder Thomas will go home and get his call, so unless they white wash the area again, I'll be here for at least another 12 weeks.

I would like to ask a favor of everyone. Yesterday at church a there was a member that had sat by us last week. This week he was sitting behind us. So I told him to come sit by us--mostly because I wanted some one other than just Elder Thomas to sit by. The man sings good too so it was a double bonus. After sacrament meeting, he thanked me for letting him sit by us. He said that he has a wife and six children (all members). Only a couple of his children are still at home. He is the only one that comes to church and he is returning from about 15 years of  inactivity. He teared up as he talked about how hard it is coming to church and being alone. There were so many members that said hi to him--not one invited him to sit with them. They all know his story. I don't want that to ever happen to anyone again! The pain of that brother should not ever happen in our church but it does. So lets change it! Next week, please find the one and love them!

By the way, I can't wait to eat your cooking again! I'm about ready to try a forty day fast so I don't have to cook anymore!  I hope that this week is good! It's a great day to be a disciple of Jesus!

Love.
    Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment