Monday, June 15, 2015

Servant of the Lord

This week was good. We had to had a zone conference on Thursday. It was a weird one because we were combined with another zone. Normally it was just one zone at a time but this time a representative from Salt Lake was there to look at the cars. They put a black box in so they can "help" us drive safe. ha-ha  Because it was a two-zone conference, I got to see Elder Oviatt again. I miss that guy. I would be his comp again any day! Other than that, I just got to work this week--like actual manual labor! We mowed lawns almost all day on Tuesday. I was so happy! I miss working!

We got a new investigator. She was taught by elders before us and is so ready to get dunked. She has a testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith. She said she considers herself a Mormon. She has some health problems--that's why the elders stopped seeing her. It's so good to actually find some one who is ready and prepared! Her name is Falisha Angel. Keep her in your prayers! Other than that not to much has been happening.

I thank Dad for teaching me how to be. Yesterday we got a phone call this lady in our ward. Her name is Sister Lavely. She is my adopted grandmother. She is as sweet as Verla and has been tested more than Marva. She is a saint! She doesn't have grandchildren and wants them, so I told her I'll be hers...so it's official! She called yesterday. We had some heavy rains come in and had flash flood warnings. Her yard was flooded and the rain was starting to get into the house. She called us in tears asking for help. I ended the lesson and we went to help her. Thank you for teaching me how to work hard! We did our best. I dug a huge hole in the yard and got some of the water to go down. Finally she told us to stop and said, "we will say a prayer and leave it." So we did.  I got to give that prayer. What an honor! It was such a blessing! I have never been so proud of blisters before! That is what being a servant of the Lord is all about right there! She just kept telling us how sorry she was that we were working on a Sunday. Dad and I put tarps on Marva's roof on a Sunday because she was getting rained on. You taught me how to drop everything to help people and love them. Thank you for that!

I hope that you have a great day! Know that I wear our name with pride!

Love,
   Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment