Monday, June 8, 2015

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Laughter is the best medicine and also the fuel of missionary work. If you can't laugh, I suggest you get a sense of humor or go home. This week was one of those long ones but there was some good that came out of it.

In Michigan the girls haven't heard of the modesty commandment so they dress less.  ha-ha! We knocked on this lady's door--she was very attractive, wearing very short shorts and not much of a shirt. It was Elder Puente's turn to talk so I let him. He did super good--normally he falters on the door, especially if it's some one who's pretty but this time he didn't. He said, "Hey, can we talk to your parents?" What he didn't notice was that she was wearing a wedding ring and she had a small boy behind her. She smiled and told him that it was her home. He died! After I got control of myself (I was holding it in so well) I told her we were out talking about eternal families. She wasn't interested. ha-ha  It still kills me to think of the look on his face after she said that!

We got to walk through a car show on Saturday in New Boston. There were probably 80 cars or so. It was really cool. I felt like Moses parting the people though. I guess guys in shirts, ties and tags-- no matter how you smile--still scare people! A lady let me take a look at her brand new Chrysler 300. I decided that is the car for me!

This week we knocked a lot of doors and had almost zero lessons. Not a whole lot to report on the missionary work but hopefully next week is better!

Thank you for your letters. I hope you have a good week.

Love,
     Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment